And we're off!

On our way! I have been so busy all week getting things ready for our beach vacation and we are finally on our way. Busy all week you say?yes,working and traveling with a baby requires a lot of prep work. On the work front you have what I think of as a bit of punishment for the fact that you will be home. There is the crestfallen face when you mention that you will be out and the subtle reminders of what will need to get done while you are off having fun.
When you have a baby packing for a trip rises to a whole new level. I started making baby food on Sunday so that we would have a good variety to bring with us for the week. We have a good supply of peaches, plums, blueberries, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans, and oatmeal. It only took a little effort each day to get us there! I had to get us all caught up on laundry early in the week so that we could pack. Then, there was a massive list made in an effort to make sure we did not leave a key item like a zippy cup or hooded towel. I probably spent an hour deciding whether to bring her xylophone or her shape sorter. I'm sure that will surface when she is in therapy later in life. The car is loaded down with baby gear and beach necessities. I'm riding in the back so that I can entertain baby girl and Lucy has taken my place as co-pilot. A little contortionist move on my part and SG was able to nurse as we rolled along. Now both my babies are peacefully sleeping, my out of office message is on for a week, and I an looking forward to talking to my husband. I miss having more than tactical conversations with him.

Comments

Libby said…
Hope you have a terrific time on vacation! We are going to the beach next week and I'm already putting lists together and planning my packing strategy :).

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable