Frustration and Bliss (all at the same time)

No, I'm not talking about Sarah Graves' frustration.  I'm sure she has many frustrations and I'm sure once she's verbal she will be more than happy to voice them, but this is my frustration.  I have two of them at the moment. 

Sand is hard on cameras.  I knew this when we went to the beach, but our extended service plan includes a cleaning each year, so I decided to use it at the beach and just have it cleaned when we came back.  When I dropped it off yesterday, I did not expect them to tell me it would take 4 - 6 weeks to get it cleaned!  I don't think these people grasp how much happens in 4 - 6 weeks.  In 4 - 6 weeks my cruiser who keeps letting go, will probably acquire the balance needed to stand.  In 4 - 6 weeks my little climber will probably find her way to the chandelier!  The problem is that I want the camera for Thanksgiving and Christmas so there is no better time to send it off.  Ugh! 
I hope you don't read this just for the pictures. 
I'm working on persuading Aaron that we need a good backup camera.  I'm not there yet.

My other frustration is with a new pair of shoes that I purchased while in Florida.  I purchased new running shoes (no, I don't run unless being chased, but I like the way they look) at a store that we do not have in Atlanta.  This shouldn't matter because I tried them on and they fit and seem like they will be good.  The problem appeared when I took them out of the box and realized that the sales person did not remove the sensor.  You know the sensor that threatens to spew ink on everything if you try to remove it improperly.  I called the store's customer care line and got a nice person on the phone who understood my problem, but did not have a great solution.  It seems that the tool for removing these sensors is different at every store, so it's not a matter of working something out where I take the shoes and my receipt someplace else.  The solution is that she will ship me a UPS label, I will ship the shoes to them, they will remove the sensor, and ship the shoes back. 
So, sometime next year I will have a new pair of running shoes. 
Maybe by then I will be ready to take up running!

Now for the bliss.   Sarah Graves has slept all night for an entire week!  She actually slept until almost 7 yesterday and slept in past 7 today.  I have wondered if she is waking up and crying and I just don't hear her.  I still wake up a few times a night and I listen for her and fall back asleep when all is quiet.  Sleep is like a drug and the more I have, the more I want.  I had 9 hours of it last night.  I actually ran into the nursery this morning at 7:15 when I still hadn't heard her and she was fine sleeping away.  I woke her up (who would do such a thing?) because her schedule prescribes that she doesn't sleep past 7 so that she will take a nap at 9.  I was really surprised when we put her down at 9 and she went right to sleep with no protesting and slept for 2 hours. 
Babies are very fickle people! 
I cannot explain her behavior or what makes her tick. 
It drives me batty at times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!