Fall Consignment Sale

Today was the Fall consignment sale at Oak Grove Young Children's School.  I took the day off and Mom and Dad came with me and Sarah Graves.  SG was a trooper considering it opened right at naptime and I was thankful for Moby wrap because I could not have carried her in my arms for the more than two hours we were there!   I had hoped that she might fall asleep while we looked, but there was way too much activity and too many things to grab for her to fall asleep.  Pops entetained her for a while so that I could look at the clothes. 
We were there when it opened and we found some good things!  I was really excited to find a little activity table for Sarah Graves to be able to pull up and cruise around.  I also found a little tikes slide that we can put in the basement.  It's small, like 2 feet off the ground, but I know she will enjoy climbing up the 2 steps to slide down!  I am so thankful that we have a basement with a wide open space for some of these bigger toys!  I also found books, wooden puzzles, DVD, a toy camera (now she can be like Momma), a microphone (she's a ham!), something that looks like a cell phone or remote control that actually teaches numbers, and a toy that is like a top.  I tried to remember that Christmas will be here pretty soon, but she is growing and learning so much that I wanted her to have some new toys to practice her new skills.  New books are for our enjoyment because we sometimes get tired of reading the same ones! 
Mom and Dad bought some great things for their house, too!  They bought a big train table (a lucky find) that she can put all kinds of toys on and cruise around now and use for Legos and such later.  They also bought a great toy that she can walk behind.  Standing and walking are the only two things she can really think about, so they occupy most of her playtime!
Here's a picture of all our new things.   
I'm a little picky about her clothes, but I did find these 2 outfits that I like.  If we ever get out of the 90's during the day, she might be able to wear them!  They are in the picture above and a little hard to see, but I found a pair of red mary janes that hopefully will fit next winter.  They're a size 5, so I'm not sure!
Afterwards we all had lunch together.  Sarah Graves was pretty worn out, so she is napping now. 
Wish every day could be like this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable