More sick

Sunday I was congested and by Monday night my ears were hurting pretty bad. Tuesday morning I used our Teladoc benefit and had a three day z pack anabiotic prescribed. Wednesday I felt worse, so Jeanne' came to take SG to school and me to the doctor. The doctor felt I needed a stronger antibiotic so he gave me an anabiotic shot and prescribed amoxicillin on top of the other.
Thursday evening I thought I was feeling a bit better and ate dinner with Aaron and the kids and actually managed to take a shower. Friday morning I woke up expecting to feel even better and planned to take SG to school. As I got us ready for school, I realized that I felt awful and it was all that I could do to actually get her there and get home again. Mom offered to come and take me back to the doctor and I gratefully accepted. When the doctor saw me back at first he thought steroids were what I needed to reduce all the inflammation from the infection.. I was pretty upset because he felt the steroids would be unsafe for Charlie to nurse. He felt I would need to wait at least 6 days before letting Charlie nurse again. I was crying, worried that after that long with just a bottle, Charlie might wean. Seeing that I had started running fever again, he suggested testing me for the flu. I was positive for flu and have started taking Tamiflu. The Tamiflu is okay for Charlie to nurse and I am hoping it will help him not get this.
SG started running a fever with a runny nose today and Aaron took her to be tested for flu and thank goodness she is negative! She and Aaron both got an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I would often like to let our immune systems take care of this on their own, but I feel like ours are so shot that we may need help to be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable