A Really Yucky Virus

I posted about SG having a yucky virus and then Aaron and I got it and I realized it is a really yucky virus!  Wednesday afternoon I started feeling bad and by the evening I knew I had the virus.  I had a high fever and a blinding headache.  I managed to stay home with the kids while Aaron went to EFM, but was anxious for him to get home because I was pretty much incapacitated.  
He started with the virus late Wednesday night and by Thursday morning he asked Mom to come get the kids.  I hate missing even a minute with them, but I knew we couldn't take care of them.  Thursday and Friday passed in a blur as we were both pretty much only able to lie there.  I had a fever over 102 and just felt miserable.  I think all my Emergen C and drinking plenty paid off because by Friday afternoon I was feeling a bit better and willed myself to get up and move around a little.  That seemed to help my headache and by Friday night I was ready for the kids to come home.  Charlie was feeling bad on Friday, so it was a good thing he came back to momma.  He didn't get the high fever, but was miserable with the congestion.  
Saturday, I was able to get the kids out to music, then I got us all adjusted at the chiropractor and picked up a few things at Target.  Aaron still felt pretty bad, but he did manage to drive us to a birthday party for SG's friend.  Lovie and Pops came along and picked us up later making it a pretty fun day.  Plus, Maw Maw Yvonne is here for a couple of weeks, so we spent a little time with her!  I hope we don't get her sick, but sure am glad to see her.


My Mom has completely dedicated the past two weeks to helping out with our kiddos and Aunt Nay has dedicated several of her days off to helping out.  I really appreciate it!  Plus, Aunt Nay dropped off food for me and Aaron on Friday on her way to work.  That was a huge help!  So thankful to live sort of near my village!

Aaron and I are back to work today and hoping we stay healthy for a bit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!