Letter Month Six


Dear Charlie,

Six months old already is hard to believe!  In some ways it feels like you have been part of our family forever.  Look what you have accomplished in just six months!  You grab for everything, respond to your name, sit up, roll all around, and even scoot yourself around.  The best parts are your smile and your laugh. 
You are a physical little guy.  You are now able to sit up and play for a while without tipping over.  You roll with great ease to get to what you want.  You can even scoot yourself around; although, I’m not sure exactly how you do it.  You grab for everything and immediately want it in your mouth.  No drinking glass, piece of paper, or earring is safe in your presence!   You also grab on to hair, which can hurt sometimes.  Sissy is not fond of this part. 
Lovie tells me you are also able to hold onto your bottle, and you will grab for me while you are nursing.   Sometimes this results in me getting a pinch and combined with your desire to use me for chewing, has made for some uncomfortable nursing time.  We have persisted and you definitely have not missed a meal.  We have started you on some solids in the last few days.  You have had avocado, banana, broccoli, and apple so far.  You have enjoyed the taste of all of them so far, but the broccoli upset your tummy.  It is so cute to watch you get the chunk in your first and start to gnaw on it. 
Sleep is still a big challenge for us.   You nap periodically and sometimes it is for 20 minutes and other times 2 hours.  We usually have to help you get to sleep by rocking or bouncing and patting your bottom.  You are funny about the pacifier and sometimes you suck on it while going to sleep like you love it and other times you rare your head back and cry out as though it is poison to you.  Your night sleep isn’t any better.  You get sleepy around 7 or 7:30, but you often take a long time to fall asleep and then awaken very quickly.  Once you get in bed next to me it goes a bit better, but you still wake frequently to nurse throughout the night.  I do love to look over at you sleeping so peacefully next to me.  You look like an angel sleeping. 
You are a talking guy!  You are mostly making vowel sounds and raspberries these days!  You have definitely perfected the aaahh sound and can blow raspberries with the best of them.  You really do give kisses and I think you understand the meaning of the word.  Your Mam-ma, Grancy, and Gramma came to visit and when I asked you to give Mam-ma a kiss, you did it!   I didn’t think any of them were going to leave without taking you with them and who would blame them!
It is hard for me to believe, but we just tried out the stroller with you.  You weren't a big fan!  I think you prefer to be close to momma taking in people's faces in the Ergo.  I like the view of your face that I get while carrying you that way too.  We have tried you a couple of times in it on my back and that works pretty well.  I just have to pin up my hair or you take the opportunity to grab a nice fistful!
You just have the sweetest way about you.  You look at me with your big eyes and easy smile and my heart melts.  Sometimes when I see you looking up at me so sweetly I think of the first moment we met and you gazed at me – a moment I won’t forget.  Those fat cheeks are irresistible too!  I am one lucky momma.

Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable