Silly Sister Goes To The Dentist

Today I took Sarah Graves for her first visit to the dentist. I picked a pediadontist mostly because I have such fond memories of my childhood dentist, Dr. Ellard, and his gentle way of doing things. This dentist is close to us and came and spoke to her class at school.
The staff was very friendly and spent a long time discussing good oral hygiene habits with us. A diet low in sugar was high on the list, but they were pretty understanding when I explained that was a goal I had for her too but she has other ideas.
She was a little nervous when it was time for him to look at her teeth. We read about the Berenstain bears going to the dentist so that was an example for her. She didn't even have to get in the chair, she sat in my lap and leaned back on his knees for him to look in her mouth. He checked all of her teeth and she really didn't resist. He said that overall her teeth look good, but we should start flossing the front ones. He said the paci isn't interfering with her teeth and if she only has it for sleep it isn't a big deal for her to give it up (that was a relief for me). She did get a fluoride treatment and we will go back in 6 months when she is 3 for her first cleaning. Overall, it was a painless process.
She was excited about her goodie bag with a new toothbrush, flossers, toy prize, and princess stickers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!