Saturday with the Silly Sister

Silly Sister is Sarah Graves' latest nickname and it fits her pretty well.  She is very excited about Chubby, but still gets a little confused on the fact that she is going to be a sister and Chubby will be her brother!  I don't think she cares if the baby is a boy or a girl, as long as he gets here NOW.

We started our Saturday off with a big breakfast with Lovie, Pops, and Aunt Nay.  She enjoyed a pancake, grits, and even a slice of bacon!  That was after having a series of snacks before we left the house!  She was in a playful mood and loved being with her favorite people.  

We made plans to go to the library after her nap and she was very excited to go.  I had grand visions of the fun we would have looking for books that might become treasured favorites.  Before Aaron could even get all the paperwork for the library card completed, she asked to go to the potty with no success, and before the library card was even ready, she had an accident.  I was so disappointed that we didn't get to stay at the library and look for books, but she took it in stride and reminded me that she would try again.  
Feeling a bit defeated, Aaron and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner out at a Mexican restaurant we had never tried before.  She was in great spirits and even better spirits when the server offered her a large ice cream sundae!  Have I mentioned that she is a fool for ice cream and will eat it at every meal if given the chance?

Because our dinner was quite early, we had plenty of time to come home and play with her toys in the basement.  I have relocated most of her toys down to the basement because there is a lot more open space and I am feeling like the infant items for Chubby and her large assortment of toys will be too much for the den.  We are keeping her kitchen and her play table up there along with her music instruments, but the other toys are in the basement.  It's perfect to play in the basement on these hot summer days because it is seriously cooler down there than anywhere else in the house!

All in all we had a great Saturday until just about the moment I sat down to go to bed and I heard a pitiful voice calling, "Momma."  I went in to find her sitting up in bed covered in throw up.  I felt so sorry for her and she was hysterical about it.  I scooped her up to start getting the yuck off and yelled for Aaron to help us.  He changed the sheets and bedding while I got her cleaned off and in fresh pajamas.  We stayed with her for a while and she let me snuggle with her and then decided she was ready to go back to sleep.  She slept fine the rest of the night and woke up feeling great on Sunday.  I have no idea what would have made her sick.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable