Check-Up

Chubby and I had a check-up yesterday and all seems to be going well.  My blood pressure remains good and Chubby is doing well.  His heartbeat was nice and strong.  He is still high, but she checked his position and he is head down.  She showed me where to put my hands so that I could feel his head, which was pretty neat.  I asked if it felt like there was plenty of fluid and she said it's hard to tell, but nothing felt like there was a low level of fluid.  I'll take that. 
I was worried about his position because Sunday night he was thrashing around and Monday morning I could feel him hiccuping up high on my right side.  I could also feel some strong kicks down low, so I got worried that he was likely breech.  Monday night I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees trying hard to get him to turn and with a few thrashing moves he must have.  I was pretty sure he was back head down yesterday when I felt his hiccups down low and more movement up high.  The midwife mentioned though that sometimes the fluid levels can make it feel like the hiccups are in one place and the baby's head is positioned in the complete opposite.  It's still my best indicator of where I think he is positioned.  She also mentioned that sometimes second babies do not drop their head into the pelvis until active labor. I have been hoping that he would drop into my pelvis because that would make it harder for him to turn from the head down position.
Although it is a relief to have him head down, I do take comfort knowing that my practice will let you labor and attempt vaginal birth with a breech baby in a time when most doctors won't even attempt it. 
I love feeling him move and knowing he is there, but I do wish that he wouldn't do so many tumbling maneuvers.  I really thought by now he would be getting too big to completely change his position.  Not only does it worry me that he won't be lined up for birth, but that the cord will get wrapped around his neck.  I know it is rarely a serious issue, but it still worries me. 
They are also going to re-check my bloodwork to see if my iron levels are up and evaluate where we are there.  I'm now on the weekly appointment schedule, so I will get those results next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable