Pumpkin Patch

 Last Saturday we headed to the pumpkin patch.  Uncle Shuck's to be exact.  We had to work our visit in around music class and LSU football, so we were there in the middle of the day, which made for some harsh light for photos.  She had a fabulous time running around all the pumpkins and just being free in such a big space!  She gets very focused and determined when she is running around, so she looks more serious in a lot of these pictures.  She also didn't like being asked to sit still for me to take her picture!  I guess after a year a half of being photographed repeatedly, you get a little tired of it. 
Aunt Nay joined us for music class and our trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was helpful to have an extra child wrangler!  Sarah Graves loved having someone to ride next to her.  Last year she got car sick on our way to a pumpkin patch, so we chose one not quite so far out this time. 







 She looks so grown up in this picture!  It just breaks my heart that she isn't a baby anymore!

 I played around with some editing options to handle the harsh light and I like the muted tones. 

We had a fun time and it was probably a good lesson for me in being a mom and putting my own vision of the perfect picture aside and just enjoying being out and letting her be herself.  That is going to be a hard lesson for me, but it will mean a more enjoyable time together for all of us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable