Poop Tales

Just a warning, this is a post about poop, or as we say at our house, poughkeepsie. 
Sarah Graves is becoming more aware of when she has a dirty diaper and is quite interested in its contents.  Several times she has reached down wanting to touch it while I am changing her.  Well, she recently got her little hand down there before I knew it and when I looked up, she had her finger in her mouth!  I didn't know what to do first!  I started telling her how gross it was to eat poughkeepsie and then she started crying because I hurt her feelings.  I quickly wiped her finger with a wipe and as soon as I got her bottom cleaned up, I took her over to wash her hands thoroughly, with soap.  When Aaron was brushing her teeth I commented on how thorough he was being and how long he was brushing for and he reminded me that she just ate poughkeepsie!
The other day she had a huge poughkeepsie diaper and I handed her a tube of diaper rash ointment to hold (hoping I could keep those little hands occupied).  As I worked to clean up her bottom, I started smelling the diaper ointment and looked up at her to see that she had opened the tube and had the white ointment all over her teeth and was sticking her tongue out as if to say it was gross!  Again, I didn't know what to start on first!  I quickly swiped at her mouth with a wash cloth and finished up her bottom.  Once she was diapered, I worked on brushing her teeth.  She smelled like diaper ointment the rest of the day! 
She has learned to unsnap her diaper and has managed to get it open a couple of times now.  Once she opened it while Grancy and Gramma were here and they went to get her up from a nap to find her with an open diaper and a few solid pieces of poughkeepsie sitting in her bed!  I have since learned that she has to wear pants or panties over her diaper to go to sleep.
I am afraid that we may have many more tales of diaper issues before Sarah Graves is potty trained. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!