Miss Independent

Church has been a struggle and I have been reluctant to try the nursery.  I just don't want to leaver her thinking that she is going to cry.  Today she was particularly spirited in the service.  She was trying to talk a lot, banging her book on the pew (even padded baby books make noise if you bang them hard enough), and climbing all around.  When people were turning their heads to lok at us, I made the decision that we needed to give the nursery a try.  It isn't fair to ask her to be quiet and still and she is only behaving like a one year old behaves. 
So, I took her over to the nursery, signed her in, and told her bye bye.  She looked at me like she could care less because she was in a room with lots of stuff she had never seen before.  I walked out and stood a distance from the door and waited.  I could hear the caregivers talk to her and occasionally she would cry out for a second, but she never went into all out wailing like I feared.  All in all, she was in there for 15 minutes, but she handled herself quite well.  When I went to pick her up, she and another little girl were busy looking at a toy and I had to say her name before she even looked up at me.  Once in my arms, she was eager to wave bye to everyone! 
I think we will give the nursery a try again next week.  She looked like she was having fun and getting to be her age. 

Comments

Nikki said…
It was probably harder for you than her!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable