Me Time

I hear a lot of moms talk about needing "me time", but I haven't felt that urge yet.  I enjoy time to do things like watch TV or be on the computer when she is asleep, but I don't feel a desire to leave her to go and do things.  I guess this keeps coming up when I have junior league events.  I joined junior league when I lived in Baton Rouge and it was a lot of fun because my dear friend, Alexis, was also a member and it was a chance for us to hang out.  I don't have any really close friends in this league and now with Sarah Graves it sometimes feels like more of a nuissance than a treat to go to the events.  Sometimes I really do enjoy it and take pride in the things we do to help our community, but other times it feels like something else to work into my schedule.
So that has me wondering if I should continue to be a member, or just give it up.  You can't really start again once you quit, so I need to think it through.  I know that right now I would not miss it in my life.  My life is pretty full just with work, Sarah Graves, Aaron, family, and my few friends.  I wonder if I would miss having something else once she is older and doesn't want me to hang out with her every evening?  I want to make sure that I am not so wrapped up in her life that when she grows up, I am dependent on her for my social needs.  She may be one of those kids who doesn't want to hang out with me (I don't think I can bear the thought of that.).
This is a hard choice.

Comments

Nikki said…
my opinion -- because I was an active member of my sorority alumni club here --- but all the traveling caused KAT to be a burden and I quit the group. While I can rejoin what I realized is that there are other clubs or volunteer groups that were waiting until I was no longer traveling. Also, my interests have changed. I am now into new organizations and I do miss some of my KAT friends I really love my new volunteer friends. If it feels like a burden do not add stress to your life.....there will ALWAYS be groups to become involved in when you are ready...or heck....start your own!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable