Nighttime may be the best time

I hear a lot of people complain about the 3 AM feedings with a new baby, and I understand the exhaustion and the desire to be in bed asleep, but there is something so special and sweet about being up with her in those wee hours.  Last night when she finished nursing on one side she dramatically pulled her head away then let it flop back on my breast as she usually does when she is finished.  Then, she opened her eyes and looked at me and gave me a smile for a brief second before drifting off again.  It's moments like those that will always make me grateful to have the chance to nurse her and be the one there with her in those moments. 

Comments

Nikki said…
Oh Natalie -- what a sweet comment. I know she knows just how much she is loved.

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!