Nerf Battle Birthday

During the summer, Charlie complained to me he was bored and I suggested he start thinking about what he wanted to do for his birthday. Poor guy, figured he couldn't have a party in the midst of a pandemic. I gave him the idea of a nerf battle in the park and that was just the spark he needed to get going! He took off researching parks, nerf themed decorations, nerf party favors, and even the exact balloons he wanted! He added items to amazon lists, he texted me links to websites, and he even called the park he wanted to ask about availability! I am very proud of how organized and thorough he is!

birthday
When I sent out the invite, I was very nervous that parents would be afraid to have a birthday party right now. I was so pleased when immediately we received several acceptances from good buddies!

The morning of his party he kept saying he wanted it to go perfect. I think he succeeded!The day was beautiful and filled with so much joy!

Charlie wanted all the details for his party!

I gave thought to food that could be packaged ahead and not require a lot of handling. Fruit in its own packaging and cheez its were favorites of Charlie's. 





These kids used up a lot of energy!

They started off with some target practice!


Charlie's pick for party favors helped put the kids on 2 items for their battle. It came with a neck gaiter, protective glasses, a wristband to hold extra darts, and colored darts to identify your team. The kids were all thrilled!

Then they were off! Doing what kids do best - running, yelling, and having a great time!



That is pure joy right there!


Sissy got in there shooting from her bow!

This girl plays hard!




Finally, they came in hot and thirsty for birthday treats!







After a bit more nerf battling, Charlie was able to open gifts with his friends right there!






Thanks to Lovie and Pops for coming out to help us set everything up and celebrate!

Sarah Graves worked so hard to make sure Charlie had a great party! She was truly helpful and looked out for everything he wanted in his party. Their love for each other amazes me. 




Later after his party, Charlie told me he thought it was even better than he imagined it. He had so much fun with his buddies! I was so thrilled for him and that all the kids had the chance to run and play together like kids should. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable