Cookie, Cookie, Cookie!

The kids love to bake cookies! This year they really wanted to do iced sugar cookies for Christmas. I haven't done them at Christmas just because they take a lot of time, but we made it part of our plan and they had a great time. 

We cut them out and baked them one night while watching A Christmas Story Live. It was a lot of fun and felt relaxing.

The next day, Char and I made some chocolate chip cookies that he devoured! We ate some that evening while playing Monopoly Junior!

Then, we got to work baking lots of snickerdoodles. There is a church service for the homeless that meets at Woodruff Park and our church was leading the service on Christmas Eve. I thought it would be nice for the parishioners there to have a homemade cookie. I guess because cookies make me feel like Christmas, I thought it would give that same feeling for others. I decided snickerdoodles would be a good one for us to make and we opened our cookie factory!

The kids helped roll them in cinnamon and sugar!

Five batches later, we had cookies packaged up and Sissy put stickers on each bag for a festive touch! I was pleased that we had an opportunity to do something that helped us think of others during the holiday.

Then, we got busy icing our sugar cookies. We had royal icing and buttercream, plus lots of sprinkles! The kids loved doing it and we spent a lot of time working on our special cookies.



Some of them were almost too yummy to eat!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!