Christmas Fun

It was a long week at our house.  Charlie, then me, and finally Sarah Graves all came down with the flu.  Who knew the flu could cause upset stomach as well as the fever, chills, coughing, and congestion it is so well known for.  We caught Sarah Graves' in time to get her the tamiflu and make her experience with it pretty easy.  Charlie and I both toughed it out and are pleased to say we are on the other side of it now.  Aaron held strong with his airborne and zinc lozenges and never had it, lucky him!
I think after feeling so awful, I was so grateful to have this completely enjoyable experience decorating a gingerbread house with Sarah Graves.  We bought a kit at Costco and it was awesome!  The house came right out of the box all put together and ready to decorate.  The icing was easy to work with and it included some good pictures for inspiration.  We had a fabulous time doing this together and I really let her take the lead and call the shots.  I told her I was just there to help her and truly meant that.  I had no agenda for how it should look and just enjoyed the activity with her.
I do fun things, but rarely do I have 2 - 3 hours to just sit and immerse myself in an activity with her letting our imaginations go.  Having me completely to herself and undivided attention was part of the joy of this for her.  I'm really glad we could have this time to enjoy being together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable