What a Night!

A leaky diaper at 2 am resulted in a cold and crying baby.  Lucky for her, Daddy heard her cries and was getting up before I knew what was happening.  He changed her diaper and pajamas and was working on soothing her back to sleep, but she wasn't having it.  I came in about 15 minutes later to try and soothe her.  She was content for me to rock her for a while, but wasn't going to sleep.  After a bit of that she decided it would be fun to get up and play.  I explained to her that she would have to go back in her crib. 
I left her in her crib for about an hour, but she never went back to sleep.  She fussed off and on and finally at 3 I decided to try something different (I can't sleep when I am waiting for her to quit fussing and fall asleep).  I took her downstairs and got her a snack hoping that a full tummy would ease her back to sleep.  We then got her soft and warm blanket from her bed and snuggled into our rocker.  Again, she was content to rock and those eyes would get heavy, but she wouldn't go to sleep.  I tried putting her in her bed, but that was met with immediate howling.  So, I decided that she and I would lay down in the guest room and try to get her to sleep there.  She nursed herself to sleep around 4 and slept next to me until Aaron woke us at 6:15. 
I know that I am tired this morning after our night of musical beds and I'm sure that she is too.  Lucky for her, she can take an early nap this morning.  Me, I have meetings starting at 9 and ending at 3:30.  No worried, I have a Coke Zero in hand. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable