Mother's Day

SG wanted to get our mother's day celebration off to an early start so she woke up at midnight crying with a huge dirty diaper.  I rocked her back to sleep (that was pretty sweet) and got back to bed for her to wake up again at 2 and then again at 4.  Nothing like being reminded that you really are a mother!  I put her in bed with us to nurse at 4 and I could tell that her nose was stuffy.  We were up for the day soon after that and she wasn't feeling all that well.  I think she is teething and they are really bothering her. 
Aaron made us pancakes for breakfast and by 7:30 she was acting sleepy and I was feeling very sleepy.  I put her in bed and went to bed myself.  I was asleep for about 10 minutes when I heard her crying.  She was very warm and grinding her teeth constantly.  I gave her Tylenol for the fever, but I don't think it helped the discomfort too much.  Our whole day was a series of trying to find things to soothe her and keep her from crying. 
We made it out to Costco and I enjoyed a piece of pizza there for lunch (I love their pizza, so that was a treat).  My little buddy loves pizza too and enjoyed some of mine. 
She took a few more short naps in the afternoon and we went for a walk and played on her swingset to pass the day.  She was very pleasant outside after one of her naps.  That's when I caught these cute pictures of her. 
,



It may not have been the peaceful, relaxing day that I would hope for, but I am grateful to call myself a mother and to spend time with SG, Lucy, and Aaron.  They are my whole world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!