Chiropractic for Babies

I mentioned in a post a while back that we started taking Sarah Graves to a chiropractor.  The chiropractor was recommended because they have had success in helping babies with their alignment for better sleep and spitting up.  Mom helped me find one who is certified for pediatrics and she knows our midwives, which made me feel comfortable having her work with Sarah Graves.  I have been amazed at how many babies come in to see her.  Parents with newborns, infants, and toddlers are always there. 
She has been working with Sarah Graves for a few weeks and keeps suggesting other ideas to help her.  She thinks the spit up may be because her diaphragm muscle is tight and putting pressure on her esophagus causing her to spit up.  To help relax this, she has recommended that we put pressure on that spot when we hold her facing out and she recently recommended that we start probiotics and doing baby inversion.  The baby inversion is just what you would think and Sarah Graves really likes it!  We took a video of her doing it so that you could see: 
It has taken several weeks of patience on our part, but I am finally starting to see a difference in the spit up.  It has really started to decrease and I know longer burp her and brace myself for the flood that would ensue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable