Big Surprise!

A while back, the kids mentioned that they would love to be surprised with the announcement that we are going to Disney! I have also seen those videos and the fun reactions as kids learn not only are they going to Disney, but they are going now! I could see the appeal in such a surprise, but as a mom, also knew how hard it is to pull off such a surprise! 
Aaron and I agreed to keep the trip a surprise (for more than 6 months!), but wanted to tell the kids with a little time so they could help pack their bags. They are quite particular about their look these days and I wanted to make sure everyone was set for a fun time!
As the week leading up to spring break went on, Sarah Graves was getting a little envious that friends were going to various places or planning different activities for the week off of school. Not only did she not have plans to travel, but Aaron and I were keeping the farce that we would be working all week and would try to do something with them in the evening!
We told them the news when they got out of school for spring break! I was beside myself with excitement to tell them! Their reaction was precious! You can see it in this video. 




I was so pleased that we pulled off such a surprise and so excited that they were happy and grateful! When you are a parent, you never know if their reaction to things will be as you envisioned or something completely different! This one was everything I hoped it could be!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable