More Busy and Fun

Our busy, but fun weekend continued into Sunday. I led Sarah Graves' Brownie troop in getting their art badge. To earn the badge they had to get inspired, paint a still life, paint a mural, paint their mood, and paint without brushes. Phew! It was a lot to accomplish! We started off getting inspired by me teaching them about several well known still life artists. I was surprised how engaged they were during my presentation and remembered learning about artists in school.
We moved on to painting a mural. They painted what they love about being in Brownies.


We moved on to paint a mood using fingers, q-tips, and other items. I think this one was the most relaxing for them because it was completely abstract and had no expectation to look like a specific object.
We finished up with a still life of a stuffed animal. I had intended for them to pain a still life of a fall scene with pumpkins, but when I started opening paints, the orange smelled horrible. I mean like rotten cheese horrible. I knew they couldn't handle a still life of pumpkins without orange paint, so we had to have a new plan. Thank goodness another mother was thinking clearly and suggested painting a stuffed animal in the room.

The girls closed out the meeting pleased that they completed the requirements for this badge. 

I'm glad I led them in getting their badge and the girls were really sweet, but having 12 girls all with their own personality and set of feelings was challenging. Some of them were bothered by the least little thing and I was worn out from supporting all their feelings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable