Fears

Dear Sarah Graves,
Last night you asked me to read you Bambi and I started to say no, but decided we couldn't avoid it forever.  To be honest, I started to get rid of the book the moment you received it just so I could avoid the conversation of Bambi losing his mother.  Sure, every Disney princess seems to lose a parent one way or another, but Bambi seems to focus on it. 
As I expected, you asked me what happened to Bambi's mom and wanted to know why.  I simply don't have a good answer for why.  Bad things happen to good people who are still very much needed all the time.  I think that is why I wanted to avoid it.  Doesn't every child fear losing the person they depend on most?  I know that is what you were wondering about and wanted to be reassured that you wouldn't be left alone in the world.  I tried to reassure you that I would always want to be with you and try my hardest to do that.  I also reminded you that you are lucky to have a family with lots of people that love you and would take good care of you.  That seemed to help ease some of your fears.  You turned to me and asked, "If something happened to you, do you think Lovie would want me?"  I assured you that she would want you more than ever.  That made you smile. 

We finished reading the book and had a good giggle as I laid on you pretending that I had a pillow that is very wiggly and giggly.  I pretend to be very tired and yawn, but I just can't get comfortable on that wiggly, giggly pillow!  If only you could understand that as much as you are afraid to be without me, I am that afraid of being without you.  You are so very special to me.
Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable