Silly and Sweet

Sarah Graves and I have some conversations that are not intended to be funny, but sometimes get that way.
For instance, the other night I had finished reading to her and we were laying there in her bed talking about how she is a princess, Aunt Nay is the queen, I'm the fairy godmother, and then I asked her about Lovie.  She said, "well, she can be the shepherd."  I said, "oh, is that something that you talked about at Sunday school?"  She said, "no momma, we talk about God!" I sure am silly!




Another night we laid in her bed talking about our trip to Shreveport that is coming up.  I was mentioning to her the idea of spending the night at Grancy's house, which she liked very much.  Then she asked about where daddy, Charlie, and I would stay.  Before I could explain it all she said, "oh yeah, you can stay in the stable because there's no more room."  I said, "like Mary and Joseph did when Jesus was born?"  She said, "yeah, 'cause you know there isn't any more room for you."  She was grinning and knew she was being funny with that one!

This one is more sweet than funny.  The other night in the bathtub I noticed a bruise on her arm and I asked her if she remembered how she got it.  She glanced at it and said, "Momma, that's just the way God made me."  Such a sweet girl.

The other day my heart melted for her when she was eating breakfast with her crown on and I called her a princess.  To that she replied, "Momma, I can't be a princess now because princesses don't wear glasses."  I didn't have the right response at the ready and the best I could do was tell her that I was sure some of the princesses wore glasses when they were little girls, but had contacts like Momma now that they are big girls.  I dread the day when she doesn't think she is pretty, smart, or anything else that she feels isn't right about herself.  She's perfect to me and her Daddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable