Holiday Craft

 I wanted a holiday craft that would be fun for SG.  She helped me bake Snickerdoodles and that was fun, but I knew she would enjoy making cut out cookies as well.  The only problem is that it takes a while to mix the dough, chill it, cut out a few at a time, bake them, and ice them, so I found recipes for salt dough ornaments.  The dough was quick to mix up and easy to work with.  I recall my grandmother having the grandkids over to make something like this when I was little.


She was so excited to do it and it was easy enough that it kept it fun for me too.


The dough wasn't that sticky, so we could knead it and have fun getting our hands in it.  Charlie preferred his snooze in the Ergo!

She really enjoyed cutting them out and putting them on the pan herself.  I kept the cookie cutter selection pretty simple so that she could be more independent with it.  

We baked our ornaments to get them nice and hard and our project now is painting them.  She is loving this piece of it!  I will post pictures of our finished product.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!