Party Details

I picked out our theme as Elmo and I purchased some designs from Etsy and that was the basis for our party. 
I made this Happy Birthday banner and included some Elmo faces. 
 Jeanne' made Elmo cake pops and didn't they turn out cute!  Sarah Graves loves these!
 We made the wrappers for water bottles to include some Elmo there.
 Pinterest was the source for this Elmo vegetable tray.  I was surprised by how many of the kids enjoyed eating the red and orange peppers and the olives.  Have no fear, Sarah Graves was not one of them!
 We did a variety of appetizers that included meatballs in a raspberry & chipotle sauce, pigs'n a blanket, chicken nuggets, mini baked brie, party pizzas, and apples with caramel dip.  I love appetizers for dinner!
The crown jewel of the food was by far the Elmo cake.  Lovie did a fabulous job making this cake!  It is just the sort of cake that I remember her making for me when I was little.  The frosting recipe is the same and to me it's what birthday cake tastes like.  Sarah Graves was beyond thrilled to "eat Elmo."

 We also had iced sugar cookies in the shapes of Elmo, the number two, party hats, and presents.  I was pretty pleased with how Elmo turned out and delighted when Sarah Graves saw them and immediately recognized them as Elmo!
We made up favor bags to thank our small guests for coming.  In the bags were some of Elmo's favorite things: crayons, goldfish crackers (for Dorothy), and bubbles.  The designs I ordered included all sorts of tags and labels that I was able to print as stickers. 

I couldn't have pulled together all of these different things if it weren't for the help of Mom, Jeanne', Aaron, Ms. Nancy, and Aunt Lynn.  They all jumped in helped out with different parts and helped my vision of a two year old's Elmo party come to life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable