Pi Day

I wanted to celebrate Pi day, but of course, didn’t get a pie in advance. So, after everyone had a long day full of annoying things, I decided to make a pie. I found a recipe for a vanilla custard pie that I had the ingredients for and proceeded to make it. 

It turned out less than ideal. My meringue wasn’t stiff enough and the pie should have chilled before we ate it. Not my best showing!


It was so sweet though because Sarah Graves who was really tired, had a lot of homework, got pushed down while running at school, and had a hard time with a friend, had the generosity to say, “it may not look the best, but it was made with a lot of love.” Have to love her big heart!


Charlie was not quite as gracious, but he did have a good laugh about my pie! He had a rough day too. Mostly because he goofed and grabbed a hot cookie sheet just out of the oven (he knew it was hot and he has done the same thing before). It burned his hand and hurt pretty bad!

In the end, laughter around the table over my failed pie was just what we needed to move on from our rough day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable