Little Things

Sometimes I worry that their childhoods are flying by and I'm not soaking in all the little things that won't always be. 
She makes sweet drawings and writes who they are for. She always asks if I like it with this look of hope in her eyes. I hope that I always take the time to answer her in a way that keeps that hope alive.

On mornings when things have gone smoothly they have a little time to play. Sometimes they choose to play family and I'm asked to babysit their children while they go to school. I can still remember babysitting Kate at work while Sarah Graves was in preschool at Little Apron. I pray that the days of loving dolls so much they seem real will go on a while longer.

There are millions of other little things that I hope to carry with me throughout my days. Some of the biggest are how it feels for Charlie to slip his hand inside mine while we walk. It's a sturdy hand that grabs on to mine and never has to be asked. I think that's what makes it so sweet - I don't ask for it. And the way it feels when Sarah Graves tells me I am the best mommy ever. It comes out of the blue in tender moments and makes me feel that I can do anything. 

There are times when being a mom feels like more than I can handle. The job seems bigger than I ever thought and I'm not sure I am up for it. Then, these little moments happen and I am reminded of how very grateful I am that I was chosen for the task. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable