Polar Express Party!

Sarah Graves' teacher wanted a Polar Express party for their class, which sounded like a lot of fun! I offered to help and before I knew it, I was in charge! Pinterest was a wealth of ideas for this one and it was a lot of fun to plan!
The kids came in pjs and Aaron did a fabulous job making this truing and Polar Express sign to go on the door. I used black electrical tape to make train tracks on the floor. The kids and parents were excited to come in and see what was going on that day.

I made a bell with a "believe" tag for each child and they really enjoyed hearing the bell ring/


SG and her friend, Charlotte.

They watched the movie for a while.

For the snack we had fancy hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows, chocolate chips, and whipped cream! We also had cookies! A real treat to have at school.

They enjoyed watching the movie with their hot chocolate.

Sweet girls, Sydney and Charlotte.

Once they started getting bored with the movie, I had activities for the kids. I made sight word game with a gingerbread man theme and they LOVED it! I couldn't believe how engaged they were.

I also had activities for them to cut, color, and glue.

My sweet girl was proud to have her Momma in her classroom.

In the afternoon, another mom put together a more traditional class party with lots of food and some silly hats!

When I got there, I could tell SG wasn't feeling well. She wasn't eating any of the treats and she just looked miserable. She hung in there for a while. 

She didn't want to miss out on the activities planned, but soon gave in and we went home early. Turns out she had fever of 102 and a trip to the pediatrician later we confirmed that it wasn't the flu, but a bad virus. I'm really glad she was able to go for the morning activity and enjoy all the parts that I worked so hard to plan! It was a lot of fun to be with her and her sweet friends.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable