Letter Months Twenty and Twenty-One

Dear Charlie,
Boy, we have been busy.  Some days I am not even sure what has made us busy, but we are!  One of the most exciting things was getting your cast off!  I was so excited for you to be free of it and you were cautious at first, but have become confident without it.  Your finger still pulls a little and you need to wear a splint to stretch the tendon in it.  Despite numerous attempts and efforts at different contraptions, you will not leave the splint on.  You take it off in your sleep and when you are awake!  I continue to stretch your finger, but can't get you to leave the splint on.  I guess you may end up waiting until you are older and can understand better.
You and Sissy came on a work trip with me to Chicago.  You are great on an airplane and an all around good traveler.  You happily sat in the Ergo close to me.  You are getting taller, but you still rest your head on my chest and seem quite content to be there.  I think you would make a great city baby enjoying seeing the world from your stroller.  I am so grateful that Lovie came along with you and Sissy and I didn't have to miss seeing you for a few days.  You thoroughly enjoyed the Easter Bunny and affectionately called him Hop Hop.
We took a trip to the beach with Grancy and Gramma.  You enjoyed being with them and had a good time playing with them.  You showed them your love of the iPad and enjoyed being on the beach some.  Halfway through our trip you got really sick and your high fever scared me.  It turns out you had strep throat and an ear infection making you feel so bad.  The antibiotics helped you feel better, but it wasn't easy getting you to take them!  A talk with Pops helped you decide to take your medicine  without being held down like a wild animal!  You were very proud of yourself and wanted to give everyone high-fives!  I was so relieved when you started feeling good again.  I'm not used to seeing you so lifeless and pitiful.  I did enjoy all the time to hold and snuggle you and nurse you.
You are exploding with new words all the time.  You repeat things and impress us with your vocabulary!  You have actually asked my why and why not!  We have also heard you singing.  You don't sing a lot when the song is on, but when doing something mundane like riding in the car, you start to sing out and we can tell just what you are singing!  I have heard you sing "Hop Old Squirrel" from Music Together and of course you know "Let It Go" from Frozen.
One of your favorite things to play is in the play kitchen.  You cook up eggs and tea and serve them so proudly.  You love for me to pretend it is too hot!  You also put on a glove to protect your hand from the hot stove!  You love to climb in the Cozy Coupe and especially like it when Sissy is playing with you.  You play with her Barbies and baby dolls too.  You also love to knock down the Lego creation she builds!  Books are another favorite of yours.  Two that you request often are "I Want To Go" about going to an LSU football game and "Goodnight Gorilla".  Daddy and I were very proud when you saw an LSU emblem and excitedly began shouting, "I want to go!  I want to go!  LSU!  LSU!"  We were pretty sure that you are on the right path!  You can name all the animals in "Goodnight Gorilla"; even hyena and armadillo.
Sleep has improved so much for you.  You sleep through the night most nights and sometimes we think we hear you, but you are back to sleep by the time we get to your room.  You have moved into a consistent afternoon nap and sleep for two to three hours.  I am so grateful that sleep isn't the struggle it used to be!  You have even learned to sit on my lap and go to sleep in church.  It has made taking you into the service so easy.  You snuggle in with your head on my chest and before long you are snoozing.  I'm pretty sure you could have your pick of church ladies to take you home if you wanted them to!
You are still a well-rounded eater enjoying all sorts of food.  Chinese might be your least favorite, but you certainly know how to enjoy a steak!  You also ask for pancakes any time I ask what you want to eat!  You still love fruit and have thoroughly enjoyed all the fresh berries and watermelon this time of year!
You are a delight to be with!  You have a loving personality and give affection as well as you receive it.  You know what you want and let us know your ideas, too!  We enjoy your enthusiasm and have so much fun loving you.  You are our special boy and we couldn't imagine a better gift than you.
Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!