Crash!

The kids and I have a fun game where Charlie rides in the cozy coupe, SG is on top, and I push/run behind it.  Lucy loves for us to chase her, so she gets in on the fun, too!  It is the kind of play that gets lots of laughter and begging for more.  We did it last week.  Charlie had tired of the game and bailed out, and I was getting tired and went to only walking behind the car.  Some crazy fluke occurred and SG fell from the car hitting her mouth on the slate floors in our den.
She is pretty tough, so I wasn't too worried until I looked down at her in my arms and saw blood.  Not just a drop or two, but blood all over her mouth.  She was crying a scared cry and not letting up.  Aaron ran over and went pale as seeing her hurt reminded him of an injury to his mouth when he was a child.  I told him how to look up her dentist and find out what we should do.  She continued to cry as I held her and seeing the big boo boo on her gum and the tooth out of place made me fear we would need to bring her in.  I called mom to come over and sit with Charlie and maybe for me too! 

Finally, the dentist called us and we texted him pictures of her mouth.  He agreed it was scared looking, but something that would likely heal on its own.  He told us to clean it gently and give her ibuprofen.  We made plans to be at his office the next morning.  
I was worried she might really have a hard time, but instead she took the medicine and asked for her chewy vitamin! 
She was awesome at the dentist!  They x-rayed it and examined her mouth without any protest.  The root is not damaged, but both front teeth are wiggly.  He thinks one will likely firm up, but isn't confident about the other.  If it doesn't on its own, he will have to pull it.  They don't splint baby teeth because it can damage the adult tooth.  If they have to pull it, it will likely stay a gap until the adult tooth comes in.  We will go back to check the progress and see how it goes.  Always something!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable