Play Table

We received this play table and chairs as a baby gift from my super-sweet friend, Sarah.  She gave it to us because she remembered how much fun she had as a child playing at her own little table.  The table was unfinished so that we could make it special for Sarah Graves.  I have been paralyzed to do anything with it for almost 2 years fearing that I wouldn't be able to do anything as cute as the ideas I had in my head. 

I had visions of detailed custom painted stripes, polk-a-dots, and flowers.  As usual, it is a little more difficult than I want it to be, but I am pleased with what I accomplished.  Painted on the chairs are the phreses, you are loved and you are enough.   I picked these because I thought they were the two things I would want any child to walk around this world knowing.  She is loved and she is enough just the way she is, no changing herself for anyone else is needed. 

The yellow was a given because it is her favorite color and she went with me to pick out the pink and purple and was so proud of herself for that!  She loves this table and loves trying to carry the chairs around!  I am excited for her to be able to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable