Cruel and Unusual

Last night it seemed like she kept waking more than she has been other nights.  Maybe this was because of the rain storms we were having.  So today I am sitting here at my desk trying to stay awake and alert.  I think my level of sleep deprivation is such that I don't even realize anymore how much my cognitive ability has been impaired.  I only realize that I am not able to think very quickly. 
As I sit here trying to be productive it occurs to me that if you were to wake a prisoner up during the night every hour and a half or so and sometimes they could go back to sleep immediately and other times you kept them awake for about 20 minutes, it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.  There would be massive complaining about how unjust it was.  Yet, this is just considered normal for parents. 
Keep focusing on the gummy smile and the cute giggle...they're worth it.

Comments

Nikki said…
Yes you do get the giggle but I get the sleep!!! LOL!! Just had to throw a bone to the non-child couples!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable