Projects

I mentioned that we have been busy working on projects around the house. The big project is one that Dad and Aaron took on for me. They converted some empty attic space off of our master bath into my dream closet. They started this project in February and worked on it on the weekends when they had time. I helped out with painting, but they did all the large work and I am really appreciative to both of them for it. Here are some photos of the space.








I don't know which part I am enjoying more, having all the storage space for folded clothes or the pull out shoe racks!

We also did some work in Aaron's closet to spiff it up a bit. He now has flooring to match mine, plenty of space for all his things, and his favorite part, a chair to sit down and put his shoes on.




We also had new carpet installed in our upstairs. It looks nice, but unless you saw the old, stained up, white carpet, you probably wouldn't notice a huge difference. I'm just glad to be rid of all the stains that were driving me nuts!

We have one more project that should be completed sometime in the next few weeks. Last summer we noticed a leak in the bay window in our formal living room. Dad and Aaron worked on it and tried some things, but couldn't seem to fix it. We have had countless contractors of all types come out and could never find one who could identify the problem and call me back with a suggested fix. We finally had a guy that Mom found through a roofer come out and he has identified the problem as the upstairs window is leaking and allowing water to drip down. We have ordered the new window and he will come back to install it. Cross your fingers that this is the right fix and we will be done with this issue soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable