Cars and Kids

Aaron and I both took the Friday after July 4th off.  We had plans of going to the zoo and hoped the forecast was correct and the low chance of rain would make it possible for us to be outside.  We woke to lots more rain and decided that wouldn't work.  We headed out to mail a package and look for Charlie new shoes.  
SG was very excited to help mail a package!
The shoe store for Charlie was closed and I was a little bored as we headed home with both kids asleep in the backseat.  Aaron suggested we stop at a car dealership and I look at some cars.  We stopped at Hyundai and Kia and then I was into it.   We have been planning for me to get a new car this summer, but hadn't necessarily planned to this weekend.  My Volvo was 13 years old and the inside was definitely showing its age.  


Sarah Graves liked looking at the convertible and wanted us to get one.  She didn't seem bothered by the lack of a backseat for her and Charlie!
We went to the Mini dealership and I drove what I thought was my dream car, the Countryman.  I didn't like the way it drove at all, so we moved on from that one.  We headed to Mazda and looked at the Mazda5, which I've heard described as a mini mini-van.  It had a lot of what we were looking for and I liked the way it drove.  We headed home that evening with two very tired kids.  


Saturday we headed back out after gymnastics and his Toyota, Scion, Fiat, and Subaru.  I drove the Fiat 500L and really liked the way it drove, but some features simply aren't available on it and because it is so new you can't order one right now and their inventory is limited.  We headed back to Mazda to look at the Mazda5 again and thought we might want it.  
We did the negotiation and drove it home late Saturday night.  The kids were so very well behaved.  Sarah Graves played in the cars and pretended while we did the negotiating and paperwork.  Charlie was held most of the time and did pretty well.   

I was a little sad to get rid of my S40.  It had been such a good car and never gave me a problem.  I felt bad to trade it in, but it felt like it was time.  On the way home from the dealership Sarah Graves kept telling us she missed the old car!

The new car seats 6, has sliding doors like a van on either side, and it had all my must haves for a new car.  I have really been enjoying driving it and SG thinks it's a cool car!

The color is meteor gray and is a dark gray with a bit of blue in it.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable